The Oppo Reno 10x zoom is exceptionally looking glass-sandwich phone, building on the maker’s progressively solid record of coming up with phones that stand out for the proper reasons. it has a notch-less AMOLED at the front and a shark fin pop-up selfie camera that’s not like something we have seen before.
The triple camera over at the rear this Reno’s centerpiece, just in case you somehow forgot about phone’s full model name. it’s the large-sensor 48MP primary module, with the bright and stabilized lens, AN 8MP ultra-wide-angle snapper, and a 13MP snapper with the periscopic lens for 5x optical and 10x hybrid zoom, ergo the Reno 10x zoom. that is like the same as the Huawei P30 Pro, that we found to be the most versatile camera phone around, so color us intrigued.
The rest of the Reno is standard as flagships go recently – a Snapdragon 855 chipset with lots of RAM and storage, a 4,000+ mAh battery with VOOC fast charging, optical under-display fingerprint reader (spoiler alert: it’s blazing fast!), stereo speakers, and android Pie with the latest Color launcher.
Oppo Reno 10x zoom specs
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 back, Gorilla Glass 6 front, 162×77.2×9.3mm, 210g; Ocean Green and Jet Black color schemes.
- Display: 6.6″ AMOLED, 1080x2340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 387ppi.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48MP, 1/2.0″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 26mm Equiv. focal length, laser/PDAF, OIS. Telephoto: Periscope 13MP, f/3.0 aperture, 130mm Equiv. focal length, laser/PDAF, OIS. Ultra-wide: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 16mm Equiv. focal length, autofocus.
- Front camera: Motorized pop-up 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, 26mm Equiv. focal length.
- Video recording: Rear: up to 4K 2160p@60fps, EIS up to 2160p@30fps, slow-mo up to 1080p@240fps. Front: up to 1080p@30fps.
- OS/Software: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 (7nm): octa-core CPU (1×2.8GHz & 3×2.4GHz Kryo Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 485 Silver); Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB RAM, 128/256GB storage, shared microSD card slot.
- Battery: 4,065mAh, Li-Ion (sealed), 20W VOOC fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 6-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0. USB Type-C.
- Misc: Optical under-display fingerprint sensor, stereo speakers.
The Oppo Reno 10x zoom has a motorized pop-up selfie camera that makes it pretty much impossible to secure against water. Not that Oppo had IP-rated phones before that, but in case you were wondering – the Reno is neither water nor dust-protected officially. The teardowns are yet to reveal if there are some ingress sealings as was the case with the OnePlus 7, though we still would keep the phone away from water just in case.
Read Also: Sony Xperia 1 Review